Thursday, September 30, 2010

John Legend is my buddy today


During this deployment two things have gotten me through each day..well three, My dogs, books, and music. No matter what mood im in I love music. When Im happy, sad, mad, whatever there is all types of music that gets me over whatever Im going through. So during this deployment I have gone through each day with Music on my radio, laptop, or my min when I cant listen to it like at work. I listen to mostly songs that remind me of Matt of course. All those sad songs about their loved ones being away, or happy songs that me and Matt used to listen to together all the time, or the ones he would sing to me in the car rides to Boise. I even listen to the ones I hated that he sang only because I would kill to have him back here singing them at the top of his lungs instead of him being in Iraq. I have made playlist on my Ipod: Deployment 1, Deployment 2 etc. I send those cds to Matt since he cant download music and I listen to them over and over again. Today its John Legend. John Legend is my buddy today. I ave managed to make a playlist dedicated specifically to him. Well besides one song. I burned it and will be sending it to Matthew in his next care package. Why John Legend? Because I remember oe day when me ad Matt were fighting he put a few of his songs on in the car on the way to base and my mood changed almost immediately. It makes me think of him. So here is to you Mr John Legend.. your getting me through today and probably this next week till I move on to someone new.

No comments:

Post a Comment