Monday, September 6, 2010

Gone baby gone

After 6 months of preparing for the deployment, being taken off the deployment and put on a job change list, being taken off the job change list and back on the deployment list only a month before the deployment, having a set deployment date, moving it up, then moving it back hours before leaving time twice, Matt has left for Iraq. Let just say saying goodbye more then one time in the same weekend because of the time  change is way worse then having to say it one time. The last one was still of course the hardest. I almost expected a phone call saying the time has changed yet again on our way up to base, but as we were sitting in the squadron and the bags were already loaded my stomach started to turn because that one was the real one... the last goodbye for six months. As I expected the goodbye sucked and was the hardest thing I have ever had to do to this point in my life. Most of the time Im ok surprisingly but then I remember how long he will be gone and how long that really is and it starts to suck, and when it sucks it hurts. The next few weeks the laundry will be done and his clothes will be folded and put away his smell will slowly fade away and it will all become real that he isnt just working for the day. Yes all the rest of his stuff is here but its not the same as having him hold me at night. This is where the MILITARY LIFE SUCKS comes into play. But other then that I dont mind it one bit lol. Its going to be a longgggg six months lets just say that. If your reading this baby... I miss you, come home soon.

1 comment: