Monday, September 20, 2010

Week By Week

I hate to look at this deployment as 6 months. I hate to sit here and think that dang Im not going to see my husband for 6 long months. In fact I hate to think about that fact that he is gone at all. So here I am living week by week. All of us 726th Spouses have tried to plan things as often as we can to keep everyone busy. The Friday after they left we had a meeting and planned for the Air Force Appreciation Day Parade, Saturday was the Parade. Also Friday was the Radio Show. Then last Wednesday was  Key Spouse lunch meeting which was fun. Saturday we went to the Veterans Resource Network with all the spouses to pack care packages for the guys. I packed one for Matt, one for our friend Mowry, and one big one for the other guys who are there. Then after me and Melinda kept busy with lunch and some shopping. This next weekend is the UnBall BBQ. Its for us 726th spouses whos husbands are deployed and can not attend the Ball. We are having a big BBQ. All spouses are invited. Then we are trying to plan stuff for next month also. More care packages pumpkin patches and more. Its much easier to look forward to something week by week than look at it like oh 6 months.... Hopefully this makes it go by faster. I know when It gets around the holidays its gonna go either way. Its gonna go by slow and Im gonna be down that he is away or it will go by really fast and I wont have time to be sad. Lets hope for the first one. This week should hopefully go smoothly. Work hours are different Friday off, No school for a few weeks. The only downer is the multiple doctor appointments and the CT scan on Friday. Man do I wish Matt was home for those.

No comments:

Post a Comment