Friday, August 27, 2010

A Week or so

Well again this deployment date is getting moved up. Looks like this could be my last weekend with Matt. It really does suck. Specially when we had plans for the last weekend to do our going away BBQ and my mom is coming out to see him before he goes. We still dont have a leave date but I have a feeling Im not going to like it one bit! But what can you do right? I became a Kep Spouse for the 726th ACS. My job during this deployment is to be there for the spouses or parents of our deployed men and women. I make calls monthly and send out emails frequently. I am here for support of if they have any questions or concerns. I just made my phone calls to all my spouses and parents on my list. I have a great group of spouses and parents that seem so thankful for this Kep Spouse program. Hearing them say how thankful they are really makes you feel so good about what your doing. I actually had a dad tell me today that he found out more today then he had in the whole two years his son has been in. He was thankful to have someone to contact if he needed to. This Key Spouse thing will help make this next 6 months Matt is gone so much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment