Saturday, May 25, 2013

Wearapy

As I was reading this months Military Spouse Magazine, a favorite of mine, I came across an article that was right up my alley. Now I can relate to most of what they put in this magazine, as can you military spouses, but this one was a little bit closer to my heart.

Jeannie Mai, a makeup artist and expert stylist talked about how she believes that the right outfit can boost your mood. She directed this toward military women in this article. We go through countless TDY's, Deployments, long work hours, raising kids on our own, PCS every 3-4 years and more. All of this effects our mood and do not even say it doesn't. I know that right now, during this PCS season, our PCS, I am tired and stressed. She thinks that picking out the right outfit, the right color, textures, accessories can make your mood change drastically.

A woman who feels good about herself is a happy women. One that feels like she can take on the world because she just rocked those wedges to the commissary instead of wearing sweats. Yes I know y'all think I am crazy but that is me, I dress up. Well I do not 'dress up' Im not in heels and a mini dress strolling down the produce aisle on pay day. No. Hello I am a mom, at the commissary. But I will tell you that I will rock some wedges and cute skinny jeans and new top and dont forget the accessories, oh we all know Its all about the shoes and accessories.

Is this really true? Do you think that a change of outfit can really boost your mood? Feel good about yourself when you have been feeling down in the dumps? I think it can. It is crazy to think that something so simple can really do that to a persons mood. Just make it change, just like that.

I suggest you go read her article as she answered questions from real military spouses about fashion and everyday living. While your at it, the next time you are about to walk out the door in your sweats to make a trip to the BX because your husband is deployed and its been a long stressful week, turn around. Go back up stairs. Go to your closet. Pick out the Coral top and the white Jean shorts and wedges you bought a month back but have not worn. I can almost guarantee you will walk in the BX with a new attitude and a smile on your face...all because of a cute set of earrings.

No comments:

Post a Comment