Sunday, May 5, 2013

JELLO Fun Gone Bad

 I am always looking for fun things to do with MJ. Being a stay at home mom in a state that is almost always windy is not fun. Also being a mom of a toddler boy who wont stay still for 2 minutes makes it hard to do activities in the house that do not include cars, trains, and chasing the dogs. So when I find something that MJ loves, I do it often.

I am constantly searching for activities for him to do. I often come along other blogs like my own that have amazing ideas. Ones that sound great for kids, and ones that are great for MJ. Last week I decided to try one where you make JELLO , different colors, and place them in different containers, or the same which ever you prefer, and let him explore the colors and texture. This is awesome for kids his age. 

I went ahead and Made the JELLO on Thursday, forgetting we had plans to head to Boise Friday. So we would have to wait until Monday to try this. Today I decided the JELLO really needed to be used so after snack we went ahead and gave it to him.

Three containers. Red, Blue, and Green. I decided to use three separate ones. This started out awesome!! He loved it! He loved the the colors and textures. He actually isnt a big fan of 'gooey' stuff like that. He would place his finger on the top not breaking the 'seal'. He would go from color to color doing this. Daddy decided to join in to show him what to do. He really did have a blast with this.

He then started to put his face in it because daddy said YUMMMY...seriously dad!?!?! We are trying to use this as an activity not as a snack!! Not that it is bad if he eats it. So he starts picking the containers up with his mouth, why he wont use his hands Im not quite sure. As he does this with the Red it falls out because I think I used too much water.

He sticks his face right in it and gets a little taste..."WHAT!!! MOM why didnt you tell me this was JELLO!!!" That is what I think he would have said if he could talk, but instead he just continued to Slurp the red JELLO up. Yuck, I am not a fan of JELLO so that made me sick lol. We finally had to take it away.




Once the red was cleaned up he wanted to show us how smart he was by going right to the Blue JELLO and pouring it out and starting to take chunks out of it with his mouth. Then again with the green. Yes MJ we get it you now know it is JELLO and exactly how to get it out of the container so you can eat it.



 Well after a few bites of each I decided enough was enough, we did not need him hyped up on JELLO ( if you saw my kid right now you would see that it is too late since he is running around chasing the dogs with a balloon on a stick...non stop...).

Well this activity was fun. I can imagine we wont be able to do it again because he will just go straight to eating it instead of playing with it. But I know we will try again on another day.

I suggest you try it though!!











No comments:

Post a Comment