Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Week-END from Hell

When MJ was born Matt and I decided that MJ will be binky free by his frist birthday, not starting on his first birthday but be done with it. I decided this because I thought it was a gross habit to have. have you ever seen a child probably around the age of 2 1/2 3 walking around the store with a binky in his mouth needing to pull it out to talk. Come on now!!! Why does he still have a binky the kid is practically a teenager! haha not quite. But Its just gross.

I thought it would be an easy habit to break but I quickly learned it is not. We started at about 8ish months. We took it away from him during the day. He only received it for nap time, bed time, and car rides. After a few days that was all fine and dandy. We hid them so they werent constantly out to remind him he 'needs' one.

I then attempted the car ride. This one was actually doing really well. I cut a hole in his car binky and the second he received it he would laugh and just play with it, this kid is smarter then you think. But then we back spiraled. Little man has had constant ear infections since he was 7 months old. Both ears almost all the time. So we became a little lineant on the binky. He got it in the car rides again because the poor kid was not happy, because of the pain. Also because we were making a 32 hour drive to Colorado and Ohio for Christmas and I needed a calm kid.

Then we were to take it away right when we got back from Ohio. Well MJ ended up with another ear infection. Then March hit and he got Croup..and another infection! Seriously??? Poor kid needed his binky. He had to have tubes put in this past week so we let it slide. He got it a little more then usual. But this is it. There should be no reason this kid needs his binky anymore. Yes his ears may be a little sore, he is teething whatever!! This Friday I am throwing ALL binkys away, well keeping one for a super emergency but I refuse to tell Matt where it is because he gives in when Im gone. This weekend is Binky Bootcamp and the Weekend from Hell I am already prepared. No sleep, lots of screaming, and taking forever to go down. I am sure it will go into next week but parents are reassuring me that it will only take a few days and then he will forget about it.. until he sees another kids binky.

I know it will all be worth it. No more getting up in the middle of the night to tend to my child, who used to sleep thorough the night, to help him find his binky that he probably threw on the floor because he was mad. No gross habit to have as he is walking around as a 16 year old boy...what girl would want to date a guy like that?? Orrrr maybe I should let him keep the binky, keep those girls away! Lol my poor child is doomed really he is.

Well here it goes.... many parents have gone throught this..well just about all parents have gone through this BUT if I do not survive you will all know why.

WISH ME LUCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment