Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Bad Habits

Every mother wants what is best for their child. We want them to be happy and healthy. We want them to grow up to be strong and idependent. We want them educated. We do our best to teach our child good habits to prepare them for the world. We make sure they dont watch 'bad' TV, we make sure we teaching them to share and be friendly to other.One huge thing is, we want them to be healthy. We have spent countless hours researching what is good for our childs health. If you are anything like me, this started while you were still pregnant. I wanted to make sure I started off breastfeeding, I wanted to make sure he was getting enough. When I made the decesion to switch to formula I spent days researching which brand is the best. From there it was baby food. I started off making my own. That is the big thing these days. Its easy, its cheaper, and most important its healtier!! I had to pick the right foods to puree and read exactly how to do it. Now that MJ is a toddler I continue to research foods that are best for him. The perfect amount of veggies and fruit and meat. I have been on countless websites finding meal ideas for him. As I sat there today watching MJ eat, from the kitchen, his peas, applesauce, and chicken nuggets, I looked down at my own 'plate' Chocolate pop tart. Yep that was my lunch. Here I was hiding in my kitchen behing the bar eating my bad food. Why dont I sit at the table at least do you ask??? Because if my child saw what I was eating he would refuse his food and want mine. Matt and I do this routine often. We do not want our child eating that junk, yet we do it ourselves. We do not want our child  to watch bad TV but our whole DVR is full of recorded reality shows. I bet you are thinking you are guilty of all of this. I know you are. There isnt a parent in the world who hasnt snuck a candy bar while hiding in the bathroom or watched your shows late at night after the kids are asleep. Its so funny to think about really. We work so hard on making them perfect that we stop working on ourselves. Now Im not saying it is bad, I am guilty..Im the queen of all of this. Its just something to think about. Our children learn the best by watching our actions so we need to make sure they are good. Until then, I hope our new house has a large pantry where I can eat the cookies while MJ isnt looking!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment