Sunday, April 21, 2013

Deployments and TDYs pre and Post Children

I was sitting here last  week thinking about this upcoming TDY  that M will be going on in June, oh yea did I tell  you he got  his class date? He will only  be  gone 7/8 weeks but it will
be the longest, well the first time he has been gone since MJ was born. I was totally fine with it, but shortly before we found out when he was leaving I started freaking out a little. Then when we found out for sure the date, I started freaking out a little more. I began to think about this last deployment, the one before we got pregnant with MJ. How I spent my six months and compared it to how I might spend these 7 weeks M is gone. I realized how different it is going to be. yes it is only 7 weeks, and M wont be in a dagerous spot which makes it easier in that aspect but I have a child now. Im not that wife with no kids that can hang out with the girls and have a little fun to pass the time. After talking to a friend of mine
about how different the two are I decided to write a post about it... I wanted to write it out and really see how different the two are.


Pre Children            

I cook and eat junk for breakfast lunch and dinner  

I lay around in scrubby clothes all day and dont get out of bed most of the day when I am feeling lazy or down

I get to skype with M and not have to compete to talk..except with LeBron who loves to hog the camera

I go out with the girls as often as I can during the days and nights which include drinking lots of wine and girl talk

Wine is the main drink in my house. Wine and water.

My house is pretty much spotless since I only have one person to pick up after and my laundry load is about two a week

Deciding what to wear for Ms homecoming is the most important thing the last month of the deployment

Post Children

I have to cook three meals a day, healthy meals

I have to get up and actually get dressed and shower everyday

I will be the second important thing on Skype since little man will be number one

Going out with the girls will consist of play dates not going out for drinks

Juice and Milk are the main beverage in my house

My house is just as messy and my laundry load just as large even with out the extra adult

Making sure my house is clean  and I dont have food in my hair is the most important thing the last month of deployment

To say Im nervous about this ONLY 7 WEEK TDY is an understatement. you will have to stick around because IM SURE  those post will be ammusing to read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment