Friday, April 26, 2013

Stress Free!!! Ya Right

Im a stresser ( is that even a word?) I stress. I stress all the time about everything. I will stress about going to the grocery store, over weekend plans, money, how I am gonna patch the holes in my backyard before we leave, getting out evites for lunch bunches and more. You name it I stress over it. That is just me. I am major OCD. Everything has to be perfect. Everything has to be planned and I must be on time. I have to admit that I have become a little more laid back since MJ was born because lets face it, its hard to be on time with a child. Now a little more laid back for me just means I dont get upset when Im one or two minutes late, but five minutes..nope that is not ok

Anyways my point, this PCS has got me stressed out! We finally got Matts class date June 12, which is a huge relief. We know can plan a tiny bit more. We now can plan everything that needs to be done before he leaves. We have an idea when we will be moving out of Mt Home AFB and we know that it will be ONE of the four locations we asked for, Medina Ohio, San Dusky Ohio, Ft Meyer Florida, or St Petersburge Florida. Now I think you can guess why I am stressed, besides the stress that comes with any PCS. How in the world am I supposed to plan a move and look for a house and be gone in 4 1/2 months if we have absolutely no idea where we are moving to!! I have seriously done what I can up till this point. I have saved about 60 houses on my real estate app for Medina Ohio. I have saved maybe 5 for San Dusky because I am having the hardest time finding something we love. And I have saved no houses for Florida, I havent even looked at Florida houses. Can you tell we really want Medina?? We will be moving to a place where we dont know much about, scratch that Matt knows a ton about Medina and San Dusky but couldnt tell you what neighborhoods are good or bad. We know nothing about Florida other then what our friend who is from Ft Meyer and our friend who lives in St Petes telling us. This isnt like we are PCSing to another base where I can just get on base housing and no have to worry about good neighborhoods. I have to do this on my own!! When I say on my own I really mean on my own. Matt is busy with work and squadron exercises, then leaves for recruiter class. He will be too busy in his class to be involved in the search for a house. I can show him some houses and he can tell e if it looks nice or not but other then that I cant expect him to have any time to help me out. We even have to apply for the VA loan BEFORE he leaves for class so that is all taken care of so we dont have to bug him when he is gone. Now if it is Ohio it will be a little less stressful, in a way. This is because Matts family is out there. Within 45 min of each location. That means that his mom and sister can go and take a look at houses for me so I am not just buying off of a picture. Also it means that while Matt is away at school, MJ and I can fly to Ohio for a week after narrowing down to a few houses, pick one, and start the buying process and pray it doesnt fall through after I head back to Idaho. So I actually get to see the house before we move into it. Now this trip to Ohio is a whole new issue on its own... I will get back to that in a minute. Now if its Florida we are screwed. I refuse to fly to Florida by myself and pick out a house alone. The only reason I am willing to do this in Ohio is because Matts mom knows about this kind of stuff, I do not. So she is pretty much helping me. I find a house I love, she looks at the important things about it and the paperwork side. Florida is a no go for this. I will wait until we move there to purchase one. I just cant do it alone. Now remember this is all being done in the next 4 1/2 months of course!! Seems impossible to me really.

Now back to the stress of a trip to Ohio to buy a house if we get Ohio. I had wanted to take MJ down to see Matt in Texas for a few days during 4th of July. It would be good for Matt to see MJ and I really want to take MJ to Sea World since we are missing out on our SD trip this year. We planned to fly out the 3rd, stay there till the 7th or 8th then fly from there to Ohio and look at houses and deal with that for a week or so, then fly back to Idaho. Sounds fantastic to me! Well Matts mom has a crazy work schedule so she needs us to come out the 5/6th because she goes back to work the 12th and well I need her off in order to house hunt. So that would mean A. Move my TX trip to  June 29-July 5 then fly to Ohio 5/6-11. Ok not bad really... but we have  a friend from the shop who we really trust with the house and dogs who is on vacation pretty much during that time... ahhh now what do I do the there is B. Cancel TX all together...bummer. So Now of course I am stressing about that.

I really need to sit back and stop until we know where we are going really. Who knows, maybe we get Florida and the Ohio trip stress is all for nothing..but then that means there is a whole new set of worries. I am so exited to PCS. I have wanted this since the day I moved to Idaho, but like I said I stress, that's just who I am. I am gonna be grey...or bald before Im 35 at this rate..


Just breathe!!

No comments:

Post a Comment