Sunday, September 8, 2013

The Best Age

Let me start our by saying I have loved every single second of my life since having MJ. We are both beyond blessed to have him in our lives. BUT lets admit, every single parent has that favorite age. The one that was the most fun to them, that they wish they could stay forever. For me ( and I think I can speak for M too) its now. MJ is going to be 19 months this month and its amazing. Yes he has his toddler moments, especially now with this move ( that is a whole other post), but he is so much fun. I cant understand most of what he says but its so cute the way he looks at you speaking whole sentences of gibberish and looking at you with the most serious look on his face. Two weeks ago he spoke tons of single words I could understand and some full sentences that I could not. then one day it all changed, its nothing but ramblings of words I cant understand but you cant help but smile.

How can you not love walking into a room seeing him sitting on the floor with a  huge book in his lap. He is rambling on and on and his finger is following along the page as if he is really reading it out loud. But there wasn't one word I understood.

He is so cute when he is running across the backyard with M kicking the soccer ball along with him. ( By the way, keep an eye out during the world cup In 18 years you will probably see him, this kid is amazing).

I love how he stops whatever he is doing when he hears an airplane or train or truck. He tilts his head tot he side and says "a traina?" He can even be in the middle of a tantrum and that alone will make him stop, if only for a second.

I love when he gets excited about stuff he loves. How he calls everything a snack. "MJ you want breakfast?" "Yay nnnnack!" I love when he tells me he wants to go on a walk, or potty when he wants to go outside only because we are always telling the dogs to go potty as we let them out.

He is very independent and can play by himself but loves playing with us. Trucks is his favorite.

He loves Monsters inc and Nemo. He is constantly saying Sully or Dory.

But with all this cute funny stuff that he does at this age, he still needs us. He still wants us to hold him and love on him. To hold both of our hands when we are walking somewhere. To give us kisses and hugs. He gets a huge smile when we arrive at school to pick him up and put his hand to his face and says "oh daddy" or "oh nana" or "oh papa" or " oh mama" in the softest saddest voice you have ever heard when we leave the room. You just have to laugh at how cute it is.

This is the age I never want to get over. I wish time would stop right now and stay like this forever. I cant stand thinking about him growing up and not needing us anymore. He is my baby boy. I live for this child. Moments like these really make you stop and think about how blessed you are and to remind you to slow down and cherish it. Don't wish for the next day to get here no matter how excited you are for the girls night out coming up. Those days are days lost. Savor every single moment because tomorrow he will be graduating high school. You are going to miss that little boy pulling on your leg as you try and get the house clean.



 
Today I will be thankful for
all the little socks and grass stained  jeans
and the endless piles of laundry .
For there will come a day when
the laundry basket is empty
and these days will be profoundly missed.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment