Tuesday, September 17, 2013

So No One Else Will Suffer...

I am part of a few Endometriosis boards on facebook, one in particular.  This is where women come to share their stories and what they have or are going through. They are there for support, friendship, and a 'shoulder to cry on'. A person who does not have endometriosis can not understand completely what one who does goes through. Like any chronic illness, you have to experience it to fully understand. These women come from all over the world and support each other. Its amazing. It is one place no one judges you and they all understand.

As you know I have Endometriosis. Although to me, it is painful and horrible, it is not YET to the level of some of these women have. There is no cure, so it just gets worse. There is maybe a few handful of people who have had complete relief from a procedure but not many. Although I love hearing these women's stories, and support them when I can, and come to them when I have questions or concerns or just want to talk, it scares me. Some of these women have had Endometriosis overcome them entirely because of how bad it is. Some have had to quit their jobs and most can not have children. I may not get as bad as some of these women in 5 or 10 years but I will get worse, and it could be the same as theirs. This pain is already horrible and not fun to live with but to imagine it getting worse scares me.

One woman posted this story So No One Else Will Suffer on the faebook page that broke each and everyone of our hearts. Some came forward to say that they understand this young woman's thoughts and feelings. I think it made us all stop and really think. I wont go on much about the story here, its something you just have to read for your selves. Some of you may just roll your eyes and think "Why did she do that, its so stupid, it cant be that bad". Well it is, and to many women it is THAT BAD. After reading this, I contacted the writer of the article in hopes that I can find out ways to create or assist on fundraisers that will help fun Endometriosis research so a cure can be found.

If you are like me, and want to help too, please contact me or this woman. I will be researching different fundraisers that will be right for me to become a part of. One day there will be a cure, but one day might be too late for far too many women.

I am just thankful God Blessed me with a son so I never have to watch a daughter go through what I am going through or worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment