Tuesday, September 24, 2013

A Beautiful Mess

Most of you have seen the link to the blog where the woman talks about how women judge each other, moms judge each other. In fact a lot of us have written blog posts about that exact post. I thin it really opened up our eyes to reality.  Every mom wants to be the perfect mom, the sporty mom, the crafty mom, the mom that always looks amazing, the religious mom. We compare ourselves to each and every mom we see, that's just what we as moms do. You can say that you don't do that and I will smile and nod knowing that its not the truth. That used to be me. I like to think of myself as a good woman. A good wife, a good mom, a good friend. One who doesn't judge others or compare myself to them. It was a lie. Im not saying Im not a good person, I am saying Im human. I make mistakes. I look at women and wonder how they are so crafty, or how they have time to make item after item for the bake sale all while raising 3 children, taking care of the home while their husband is deployed and still manage to look amazing! I admit I am a bit jealous of those women!

MOPS has started up this year and I am extremely excited to have found such a great group of ladies ( who I still don't know very well since it was only one meeting). I had to smile when I walked in and see 10/15 women in charge wearing yoga pants and their hair a mess. Not because that's just the way they are, but they wanted to set the theme of this years MOPS.  This year MOPS decided to call their year "A Beautiful mess" When I saw that on my MOPS intro folder and listened to the MOPS president I had to just smile. This is exactly what I needed. I needed to realize that we are not perfect, no one is. So today I decided to 'Embrace My Story".


I am either really early or late, never right on time

I tend to make the same thing over and over for dinner because I am so picky and hate trying other recipes.

I cant for the life of me figure out how to have perfect hair

There is not a day that goes by that I don't spill some sort of food item on myself

I may be thin but I never have the time or drive to go to the Gym

I am not crafty what so ever

I stare into my closet for ever trying to find an outfit

Im impatient

Im emotional

I don't always have time to shave

I often use Finding Nemo as bait so I can get a break during the day

My son wont eat his veggies

M and I have our arguments

I am indecisive

I stress

I often speak without thinking, then regret it later

I find random people to talk to because Im desperate for adult interaction

I love spending money

Im not perfect. I know this. I need to learn to embrace who I am. Not look at others and compare myself to her. I don't think this MOPS theme could have came at a better time. I think its time for us moms to be confident in who we are. Each and every mom out there struggles everyday. Even if she looks composed on the outside, maybe her house is a mess. We have all been there and will be there again and often. So we need to support one another, not judge each other.

That woman's blog post has opened my eyes, as it has done to many other moms. Then with this MOPS theme starting, It will help even more. This is the start of something new, something better. It will help moms come together like God intended not make us enemies.








 

No comments:

Post a Comment