Thursday, September 19, 2013

The Best Is Yet To Come: Mascara Reviews

If your anything like me, you have a hard time finding a good mascara. You look and look and go through a million until you find a good one, then all of a sudden it stops being amazing (Kind of like shampoo, you always need to switch it up) OR even worse, they discontinue it! Well I have yet to find the perfect mascara for me.

Now I know every woman is different. We all might not like the same type of mascara because we all have different personalities and different eye lashes!! But I decided last night while trying to scrub off one brand of mascara (and having a hard time doing so) that I wanted to write a post about the ones I have in my makeup box right now and what I think about them!

I probably have way too many different types of mascara but I do use each and every one of them weekly!


We will start out with Arbonne's 'Its a Long Story' Mascara $36.00


I used to sell Arbonne, for a very very short time. Shortly after I decided to stop, they came out with this new mascara. Knowing that their products are free of chemicals and animal grossness ( as well as a review from a friend) I decided to try it. First off, the brush is perfect. Exactly what I like to use with my mascara. The first time I used it I wasn't blown away with it but I still liked it. It grew on me. It wouldn't clump up like so many do but it didn't make my lashes look as long as I had hoped. With a good makeup wash it came off great as well!

I would have to say this is one of my favorites from my box, for now.



Next we have Bare Minerals 'Lash Domination' Mascara. $18.00

I got this one as a sample mascara when I bought the Naked palette from Sephora. Right away I knew I wasn't going to like it. The second I took it the brush out It was caked on there. Thick and clumpy. It had an interesting 'swirl' in the brush though which I thought was unique. I was right. it went on horrible. My lashes were all stuck together and there was no hope for them. I still use it today but I have to separate my lashes like crazy after. The dark black is really pretty though.

I would not buy this ever again.


Next is Maybelline's 'Classic Volum Express' Mascara $ 7.77

To me, Maybelline is a no brainer. They always have something good. The biggest problem I have with their mascara is that it will work great and then all of a sudden just stop ( or maybe its just me). I would have to say that this mascara has been one I have used the longest out of the ones I have now. The brush is a simple brush. It can get clumpy at times but nothing you cant fix. I do use this with one other mascara every time thought. if your wondering why, I learned a makeup tip a while back that told me to NEVER wear just one!! gotta double up to get what you want!

Not the best but also have never had a problem with it. I would buy it again.


Then we have the Pixi 'Lash Booster' Mascara $17.00

I got this mascara in one of my Ipsy Glam Bags. Before I even got it I read horrible reviews and as I feared, they were right. This mascara is horrible. First of all the brush was annoying to get out of the tube. When I first looked at it it was such a pretty black, I like my mascaras dark! It went on fine. Nothing great but nothing worth hating. it wasn't until I tried getting it off that I saw the problem. This mascara is worse then trying to take off waterproof mascara. For example, I had this on as well as the Bare minerals mascara last night ( told you I still use them all). Before my shower last night, I took a makeup remover face towel to it, which by the way always gets everything off they are amazing. I then took a  shower and noticed clumps were coming off when I touched it. I got out and looked in the mirror and looked like death. It took another makeup remover to finally get it off and even then Im not sure it all came off. No one wants to scrub away at their eyes! We are trying to grow our lashes not rip them out!

No one should ever buy this EVER.

Next is Ulta's 'Amped Lashes' Mascara $10.00 but often on sale


I received this mascara in one of their 'buy this much and get this bag free' bag. Even though this one didn't get very many good reviews, I didn't mind it. It never clumped for me, in fact, I even use it as a second mascara to help separate my  lashes! I had no problem with this and taking it off was easy.

I wouldn't say its the best but on sale, I would buy it again for a second mascara.

Then we have Benefit's 'They're Real!' Mascara $23.00


I tried this for the first time when I received it in my free Birthday Gift from Sephora ( if you haven't signed up for that you need to its fabulous). I had heard amazing things about this mascara, in fact its a top seller! I was impressed. The brush was nice, the color great, didn't clump, and was easy to take off. I had hoped it would make my lashes look longer then it did but it was still awesome.

This is right up there with Arbonne's mascara. I will buy this again.


Last I have Elizabeth Mott's 'It's So Big' Mascara $19.99

I also got this from my last Ipsy Glam Bag. Well it smells horrible. I hate when you open a mascara and the smell hits you in the face. No way I want that up by my nose! This is another I wasn't to happy about. Better then the last one from ipsy but still not a fan. It does clump, not as bad as others, but it does. The color is nice and it does lengthen the lashes some but not worth it. I wouldn't say this is horrible to get off but its not easy!

I wouldn't buy this one again.


Well those are the Mascaras I have in my makeup box now. I am still trying to find the perfect one so if you found one you love, let me know!! I am willing to give it a try!

I would say that my favorite is to mix the Arbonne's Its A Long Story with Benefits They're Real. It makes a great combo so try it!!

Look out for a post about some of my favorite face washes and moisturizers!!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment