Saturday, June 15, 2013

Montessori School: Decided

Well let me start this post off by saying, Im still doing good since M left!!! woooo!!! Oh wait..Its only been 5 days? Ok well never mind then I dont have the right to say that just yet.


Now back to the reason for this post. Those of you who are close to us, or just facebook friends really, know that I have been looking for a place that MJ could go a few half days a week once we moved to our new location in August. Not a day care, he doesnt need a day care, but somewhere he can interact with other kids without me there and a place he can learn. When we were going to Medina Ohio it was simple. We had a friend there whos daughter is just three days older? younger? I can never remember. So she was interviewing places to take her so I trusted her instincts and would have most likely gone the same place. Then we got moved to Sandusky Ohio. Not a big deal, I just needed to step it up a little bit and do a lot of research on my own. I looked into regular day cares that also do preschool. I looked at religious preschools, and I looked at Montessori schools. Besides the Montessori school, they were either too far or just not right for MJ and what we wanted for him. I have always loved the idea of a Montessori school. My step mom has worked at one for years. I have always heard amazing things about it, but that was before I had a son so I wasnt really interested in knowing the exact details of it. So I asked around, friends of mine who have kids as well as read reviews on Montessori schools. It seemed wonderful. After that I had to research that specific school. It had nothing but good reviews. I contacted the school and after talking with her for about a week, we decided to have MJ attend that school in the Fall.

 Now he is a little young for a preschool, that will be the following year, but they have whats called a young Toddler Program. This is for kids ages 12-24 months that are walking well ( well of course MJ). They meet two days a week for two hours. The program sounds amazing. I think it is a wonderful start for him. Not to mention I already contacted the parents group and am getting involved with them, which is nice. Its not a military spouses group, but this is how people not military related make friends right?? Sheesh Im new to this lol

Anyways MJ starts first Tuesday of September. The class actually starts in late August ending in May but we wont be there till August 23rd and I dont wanna ship him off the day we get there, Im already going to be a mess leaving him for the first month at least!! I want to make sure we tour the facility and have him meet his teacher. Im excited. Im nervous, but Im excited. I think he is going to learn so much and just love being there. Not as much as he loves being home with his mommy, but still.

So we sent off the hefty registration, application, and classroom fees along with our application. So its final!! I will keep you updated on how it goes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment