Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Another Day, Another Countdown

Story of my life right?? Or any military spouses life I guess. Is there ever a time were we DONT have a countdown? I have a few going on right now. Of course my most important one is the one until M gets home from his 7 week TDY. Without that, there is no other countdown really.

So M left yesterday morning, too early for me might I add. The airport let me and MJ walk to the gate with him and see him on the plane which is nice. Having to walk back through the entire airport with a hyper toddler while trying to hide the fact I was crying, not so nice. Im doing ok though, surprisingly. Now I say this now only because I still dont think it has really sunk in that he is gone for 7 weeks not just working 12s or something. I cleaned his empty bathroom, did the last load of laundry with his stuff in it, and cleaned up things that he used that I wont need. Its not too different around here yet. Still crazy as ever. Last night I didnt get any sleep. Was it because of MJ? Nope guess again. The dogs...how annoying!! I think LeBron thought M was coming home still so every noise he heard, he ran to the top of the stairs excited and very loudly. That happened a few times. Then another time all 3 decided they wanted to bark or go to the bathroom, or play. What is this?? M leaves and its Party at our house?? I dont think so. Maybe they do this all the time and I just dont notice it as much because Im not alone, jumping at every sound or annoyed and worried they will wake MJ up, oh no dont do that!! I am alone for 7 weeks! I need as much sleep as possible not an angry baby at 2am!

Other then the dogs, things are going smoothly. Its only day 2. Well day 1 technically. We still have plenty of time for it to go eyry. Hopefully it doesnt. I have too much to get done in these next two months. Yup I said it 2 MONTHS!! As of next Monday we will be leaving for Ohio in 2 months!! Yes!! Of course, thats another countdown of mine. Hey, that doesnt sound so bad though. If we are leaving in 2 months, M has to be home before we leave, 2 weeks to be exact, that means he will be home in less then 2 months. Say it that way and it seems easy enough.

So the point of this post, to tell you that Im doing fine. Ask me again next Wednesday and I might have a different answer for you. But for now, Im doing fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment