Friday, June 21, 2013

Keeping Busy

I cant tell if this TDY is going fast or slow. I look at today and am like, ok yea thats awesome The week and a half went fast!! Then I look forward and go oh..yea 6 weeks left and feel like its so far away. You think I would have learned as a military spouse, that if your this far off from the END dont look forward!! lol

It did go by fast, this past week and a half. Im not sure why because I havent done much. I honestly though I was going to be so buys with all this PCS stuff that I would have no time to think about, well, the time. I do. I have been so on top of things that I have nothing left to do other then things that cant be done right now. Our TLF   ( temp lodging) is booked, out TMO ( movers) are scheduled, our uhaul is booked, hotels for the entire trip to Ohio are booked, Matts car shipment company and date are booked, and our housing out processing meeting is booked. Do you know what I have left for June?? To schedule the pre inspection of our house, which will be done at the appointment Monday, and to continue looking for doctors, specifically for MJ, in Ohio since he will need his 18 month shots the week we get there. Which by the way it is extreamly frustrating being told what doctor to go to since your military and then all of a sudden thrown out into the wild and having to look for your own. Im at a loss of where to start! Thats it, thats all June has left.

July, all I have to do is hope that I found a doctor for him and schedule his doctor appt here ( so he can see Dr T one more time and say bye) and schedule one there for his actual 18 month appt. Call our internet and Tv and schedule a shut off date, simple, Forward mail, Get Kemba Fixed, and simple cleaning things like have the couch professionally cleaned before we sell it. Not things that are hard work and going to take up a lot of time really.

Keep busy, they say. I tell my spouses that constantly leading up to, and during deployments. Easier said then done!! There is only so much you can do to really keep busy during a deployment or TDY. Your going to have down time where you think about how long you have left to try and keep busy! I will have to keep that in mind when I am about to tell my 'young' spouses how to get through a deployment! Well here I am 'keeping busy' for 6 more weeks. WAIT 5 and 6 days or 41 days..bahahahhaah Just playing Im not like that

No comments:

Post a Comment