Saturday, March 5, 2011

While hes away

So Im sitting here thinking about all the things I had on my to-do list for while Matt was deployed such as read all these books, go to the gym everyday and a million other things. Now we are weeks away from his return and I have done just about none of them lol. We do that, us military wives. We make list after list of things we are going to do when our men are away and then while we make our todo list of things to get done right before they come home such as hair nails clean tan  we realize that we have done none of the things on our original list. Why is that?? I just dont get it lol I dont get how I had six months to come home to an empty house go to sleep alone wake up alone cook for one and yet I had no time to get the things I wanted to done. I know that its not just me. I have spoken with many wives whos husbands are also deployed with mine and they say the same thing. Well its too late now. There is no way Im going to finish that list of books in two weeks, there is no way Im gonna be able  to do the other things I wanted to get done while doing my more important to do list, and thank goodness I really didnt need to lose any weight because that for sure wouldnt happen in two weeks! So here I am going to put the list away and pull it out next deployment which Im sure by that time I will have added to it and of course wont get a darn thing on the list done. I guess its good I just know this is how it is and how it will always be :)

2 comments:

  1. Giiiiirl tell me about it! lol I had intended to have our entire wedding planned and ready to go while he was at basic/tech.. I didn't plan the first thing until about a month before he came home! haha! I think the lists just makes us feel better, like we'll be so busy we won't even miss them(never going to happen). Work on that new to-do-before-homecoming list because it's just around the corner!!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea this is the only one I really care about lol

    ReplyDelete