Friday, March 11, 2011

Dinner, but not at the Dinner table

So im sitting here eating and I relaize that since my husband has been in Iraq I have not sat at the dinner table more then maybe 5 or 6 times to eat. I have this new beautiful expensive table that isnt being used at all. I eat sitting on the kitchen table, at the computer desk, in bed, and in my living room. Now I cant stand when people eat anywhere but their dinner table.. IDK thats just me. I always set the table and we ate at the dinner table so why I started this in the new house with our new table while Matt was gone IDK but what I do know is that this will not continue when he gets home! I think its just because eating at the dinner table, alone is depressing. It makes you realize your alone, that your husband is far away and wont be with you for a long time.. dinner time always made me think about that so dinner time was always the worse time for me during the deployment. Eating at the table alone just put it over the top. SO I avoided it. Sometimes avoiding dinner all together. I will be glad when my husband is home so my expensive table gets used finally!

No comments:

Post a Comment