Friday, December 10, 2010

Sad Thought

I follow a blog written by a young military mom and widow. I have followed it for quite some time now.. prolly almost a year. She is a woman who said bye to her marine husband about a year ago while she was pregnant not knowing that this would be the last time she ever saw him. I have read her post and in a way watched her go through this struggle. I have read her post and although I havent been in her shoes I feel like I can feel her pain. She is so detailed. Today I read a post from her that was written just a few days ago. It talked about how that day was the day she said goodbye to her husband.. the day he deployed. The last time she ever saw him. That post really got to me. I know im not supposed to think about things like this and i believe Matt is more safe then many other military members but we just dont think about that. We dont think that when we say goodbye to our husbands the day they deploy that this could possibly be the last one time ever that we see them. We take things for granted really. When they are here we take advantage of them or argue or whatever, then they deploy and we realize those things we do and vow to not do it again, then they get home and after the 'honeymoon' stage we start all over, untill they deploy again. Its like a vicious circle. Buttt we dont add in there that what if they dont come home? Then with all the hurt and sadness we wish that we hadnt have done any of those things EVER!! We just dont think about the what ifs really. Well I know I dont.. or didnt untill today. Like I said I believe Matt will come home but there is that what if. For just a second today I put myself in her shoes. I pictured my last day ever seeing him and my last week and our last fight... then you think about all the thing you wish you could do over.  So I know that its almost impossible to not argue or have your bad days or whatever i mean we are only human, but fro this day forward I really am going to try to not argue about those stupid things, to make every day perfect. Because what if it really is our last? I dont want to live with regrets. So Im gonna start making memories more then ever, take more pictures of us, laugh a little more. Because those are the best times.. the times we wont regret.

2 comments:

  1. Wow...I actually really needed to hear this right now. I'm so glad you posted this. Love you, girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe baby.... I love you.. i always come home to you and our life is perfect.. and it will be forever and always!!!

    ReplyDelete