Sunday, July 28, 2013

Another Pre and Post kid post

We are down to less then a week until M comes home. Excited is an understatement. He asked me the other day if I was going to be relived and make him deal with MJ and the dogs and everything when he comes home. After I told him no, It got me thinking. I started to compare how I was feeling the first week he was gone, to the last. It is kind of funny really. As you know this was our first time M left since having MJ so it was a new experience for both of us. This is what I came up with:


The first Week

I was in bed by 7 counting down the seconds until MJ went to bed

After that I didnt even turn on the tv I went right to sleep I was so tired

There were a few times I even cried I was so tired

Kemba was still getting up all night to go to the bathroom so I never got any sleep

I napped when MJ napped to insure I would make it through the day

I just about got rid of all 3 dogs at one point (JK)

I was in a complete panic and so unorganized each time I left the house

I didnt think I was going to make it 7 weeks ( how lame is that)




The last week

I get everything done that needs done usually before snack time

I no longer need to nap when MJ does

I actually can stay up to watch my shows, most nights

I have learned what it takes to spend the day in boise with a 1 year old alone

I am down to only wanting to get rid of 1 of the dogs ( JK again)

I could care less if M helped when he got home because we have a good little routine, although the break might be nice.

I look back and see that the 7 weeks flew by and were totally fine and I over reacted  the first week or two on how horrible it was going to be



I am glad M is coming home, really I am. I cant even stand waiting these last few days. But the reasoning I wanted him home the first week ( to help me and let me sleep) is so different then why I want him home now ( so he can see how fun MJ is and they can be together again). I have said it a million times this past 7 weeks, but it really is crazy how much a TDY or deployment is different from when you have no kids to when you have them. The one thing that isnt different is you realize how strong you really are, even if you didnt think you could get any stronger. You realize that you really can handle anything that is thrown at you, and a military wife knows that during a deployment or TDY there are a million things that will be thrown. The kids will get sick, the dogs will need something, the house will break, and you will get sick even though you havent gotten sick in over 2 years. But you will make it through and come out even stronger on the other end. You will come out with a sense of pride as you look back and see what you accomplished.

So those of you who have gone through one two three or more deployments with kids!! Look at us!!!!

Those who are about to, keep your head up girl. It may seem bad at first but that will quickly change. And just think about this, having kids really gives you little time to be sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment