Monday, February 11, 2013

The week of Epsom Salt

Who would have thought that Epsom salt had SO MANY uses.. Before I married Matt If you would hace said that word I would have looked at you with a blank stare.. WTF is that??? But Quickly it became a must have in our home. If you know Matt, you know that 99.9% of the time he is hurt.. torn this pulled that dislocated something else. I didnt know I was signing up to be a nurse mommy and a wife... but all this is besides the point.. So we have Epsom salt in our house 24/7. As the years have passed I have found more uses for it. If something is wrong this can cure it. If your grass is brown this will change it!! This is insane!! How can one simple thing do so much.. Now besides curing Matts broken everything it is starting to have another major use in this house. I read on a toddler blog, or maybe more then one, that epsom salt is fun to play with..who would have thought??? So this week is the week of Epsom salt. We started out with just the Salt in a bucket with some measuring spoons and cups. It kept MJ busy for about 15 minutes ( Come on my kid has an attention span of.. his dad). His favorite thing to do was take a handful squeeze it in his hand, and by this I mean so hard his face turned red, then drop it.. not back in the bucket or on the table..on the floor. How fun is that!! NOT So I spent the next 15 min trying to keep the dogs away from it and cleaning it up. Why is it that my kid has to throw everything on the floor! I think this has potential though. He could learn to love it. Sometime this week I will get it back out and add some food coloring to it.. we will see how interested he is in it then. I Am determined to find an activity, other then playing with the basketballs, cars, and books, that will last longer then 10-15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment