Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Moving Forward

Matt FINALLY got the email saying he was released from his PAFSC. That means there will be no TDYS OR Deployments from this squadron again!! So glad to not have to worry about this one coming up. Those of you who dont know Matt was accepted into Recruiting school. So we have being waiting and waiting  patiently for each step to get approved. Today, after 60 days of waiting, he received the email saying he was released from his job so he is able to be a recruiter. He was given a form that both of must review and sign. There are questions like "Do I know he will be working crazy long hours"? CHECK " Do I know we most likely wont be living by a base"? CHECK " Do I know we will have civilian doctors"? Excitedly CHECK " Do I know this job is very stressful"? CHECK I am fully aware of the requirements of being a recruiters wife, I mean come on now I am a wife of a man who is part of a squadron who deploys every year!! Long hours or Deployments? Stress from a job at home or Stress from him being Deployed? They are two very different jobs and come with two very different requirements and struggles but I am ready for them. I am ready for CHANGE! Plus possibly living by family could help make that stress a little easier on both of us.
   
They had to schedule a phone call that both Matt and myself will be on. A phone interview. To go over the job and to insure that I am aware of the requirements and make sure I am ok with this. I am so good at voicing my feelings and speeches to anyone.. friends.. facebook.. this blog!!! But Im nervous about this phone interview. What if I say the wrong thing? What if Im not patriotic enough? Do I need to be captain Americas wife? Wear red white and blue and proud AF wife shirts daily? Bake cookies for the recruits and tell them how amazing this life is? Insure the parents, girlfriends, wives that this is great?? I doubt it but I sure feel like thats the pressure Im under hahahaha Just messing.

Well wish me luck on this phone interview and pray that this step goes by quickly and we get the list of office locations open and his lass date so we know what this next year, and the next four years has to hold for us!! We are both so extreamly excited for this next step in our lives!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment