Thursday, February 7, 2013

Overly Protective Mama

When I think of a babysitter I think of how the movies portray them. Cute and polite to the parents and then once they are gone they sit on the couch watching tv eating your food, calling or having their boyfriends over, and making your child go to bed at 6pm. I know that this is just TV but it makes you think doesnt it??? I honestly never though I would hire a sitter this early on..yes its been  year and that is still early to me. By hire I mean really research one and do background checks and interviews to insure that this sitter is the perfect one for our family and that I can trust them. A sitter that is our sitter for the long run not one just for the night. Being a military wife I knew that there would be times when Matt was working long ours or on TDYS or deployed and I would need a break during the day. So I have a plan for that!! MJ will be in preschool a few times a week, he will be part of a drop in 'daycare' if needed. What I didnt think about is what do I do if I cant take him to those places?? What if its not a preschool day or drop in is full and I NEED him to be taken care of. Then what??  What do I do if I have a night event to attend while Matt is away or when he is home and we want those rare date nights. That my friends is where this babysitter comes in. We all think we can have our friends watch our children when needed but in all honestly, that doesnt work out 99% of the time. I can tell you about countless times we have missed out on events because our friends just werent available. I want a babysitter. One that I 'hire' as MJS babysitter. One that he can get used to and be familiar and comfortable with.. do you get where Im coming from here??? Well back to the needing one so soon part. Matt leaves this year. Not for a deployment and not for long but 7 weeks. In that 7 weeks I can imagine I will have an event to attend or need a break. So being the planner I am I start looking now.

I was reading Military Spouses Magazine and in an advertisement for sittercity, a site for you to find a sitter and do background checks and all that jazz, it informed me that Military members get to register FOR FREE Now free is amazing!! Not that I wouldnt have gone to this extreme if it cost because when it comes to my son you cant put a price on that, but free is nice. So I registered. I entered in my location and four pages of babysitters popped up. 4 pages of women that I could look at, check reference, background checks, interview.. See them before they see me kinda thing. This is the most wonderful invention ever. Well maybe not ever but its pretty cool. So I have two women in mind here at this base. Two women that I have already requested references for. Checked their background checks. Two that I will decide to meet outside the home and depending on if I like them, bring them into my home to see how they are. Well I am behyond excited for this. Maybe because it means more date nights before Matt leaves??

Now we have about 8 months left at this base. Then I will have to start this whole process over when we move. This process that becomes 10x more important BECAUSE we wont be on base. So these people around us can be crazy. Well miltary men and women can be as well but I am not AS NERVOUS hiring a military wife then I am a civilian when we live no where near a base. So this website is a GODSEND!!!

Now to look at buying a Nanny Cam...lol Just playing

No comments:

Post a Comment