Friday, March 29, 2013

Red Friday

I know I have a lot of new military wives who started following me, along with seasoned ones that do not know what Red Friday is So I figured I would write a short blog with a little background info on it!!


First off the Yellow 'Support our Troops" ribbon

The “Yellow Ribbon” is a physical representation that was adopted by Americans in the late 19th century in show of support and pride for the US Military. Today you will see that yellow support ribbon in all sorts of places. Someones car, someones home, or a special organization will use it. They all aim to show recognition as well as provide assistance for those who have served in Operation Enduring Freedom or Operation Iraqi Freedom.

Red Friday

Groups have advocated the wearing of red on Fridays, in an event known as Red Friday, to show their support for all members of the armed forces abroad, regardless of the circumstances under which they were deployed. Other groups wear red on Friday to support or oppose wars, specifically the war in Iraq and Afghanistan. Either way they are supporting our deployed troops.

Remember Everyone Deployed

Although both of these have a meaning, each person who represents them has their own personal meaning for doing so. Of course my husband is in the military so I support him, and our troops 100%. As for RED Friday I have been there, with the deployed husband and M has been that deployed Airman. Either side of it is not fun. I want to always remember each and every military member wherever they may be, especially those downrange. Not to mention I love it when I mention the name, RED Friday, or someone notices I wear Red on Fridays and then have to explain it is. It opens peoples eyes and slowly we will see more and more people showing their support for our troops. Even if you do not believe in the war, these men and women are sacrificing their own lives, in the US and out, to insure the freedom of each US citizen. I believe we need to support them always.



No comments:

Post a Comment