Saturday, March 9, 2013

Kindergarten?!?!?!

Im a planner. if you know me you know this. I plan everything a million years in advanced. Its annoying at first to some, but in the end they thank me for being prepared. I know im not the only one some friends of mine are the same Valerie  not naming anyone. I was sitting there on my couch, watching MJ play and matt play video games, and looking at real estate for our next location. We will be moving at the end of this year.. yippie. We dont know where yet but have a good idea. Then I got to thinking about schools for MJ. Man to think I need to look and see if there are good preschools near by before we move.. then I thought about school school.. like Kindergarten. At what age does a kid start kindergarten?? As early as 5 some as late as 7!!! MJ is going to be 5 while we are living in this next place. Now MJ will turn 5 at the beginning of the year..not school year actual year, February. This means that he can not start kindergarten until the end of that year..almost 6 years old. Ok thats cool with me. BUT WAIT!!! That is the end of our 4 year 'contract' with recruiting meaning we most likely will move, unless for some crazy reason Matt gets promoted to district and then we might possibly get to stay there but I wont hold my breath. That means that MJ will start Kindergarten, at the age of 5, at one school then half way through we move and he switches schools. I dont like that. Poor kid will be adjusting to this new life of school and probably just getting used to is and then BAM we move and he has to do it all again. Poor guy. Have I mentioned how I hate this part of the AF. Matt always changed schools growing up and it sucked..but thats for another post. So now what do I do??? I guess we can hold him back a year and start him at the age of 6, turning 7 the second half of school. Thats fine I guess. Matt wanted to do this anyways for sports reasons ( of course he does). There it was the solution to my problem. Plenty of kids are 6 when they start school. Probably most. Great!! Then I thought ( Yes I do too much thinking, too much worrying) what about all his little friends that were born the same year as him. Maybe a little before or a little after. What if they start schoola t the age of 5. These kids, that he spent his first 2 or more years with will be going to school before him. Poor kid..yaya more like poor mommy its not like Mj will even care. So I will be seeing all my good friends with little ones going off to their first day of school at the age of 5 and here MJ is staying home with mommy. Now Im back to square one. What do I do!?!? This might not seem like a problem for most, but for me it is. I plan, like I said. If I dont plan, or the plan goes bad..I panic. This is something I cant plan. I cant decide what age we want him to start because we may or may not be moving, Slim chance to stay but still. So I guess my solution for now is to pick a house in a school district that we like. Near a school that  if he started Kindergarten we would be ok with that school.

Man being a parent is crazy. You dont think about all this stuff. You dont think that one day your going to have to pick a house based on the school your child will attend in 4 years... I guess you kind of have to plan ahead. Maybe Im not so weird and paranoid... ehhh nope I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment