Friday, March 1, 2013

Of course this happens..why not..

Matt and I have been trying to get out of here for ever..seriously..forever. He would put in his BOP and they would get denied. He constantly was looking at the job retrain list to see what there was available. We wanted to leave Mt home AFB asap. We prefer Ohio BUT had a few other places we wouldnt mind.  Finally Matt decided that recruiting was the fastest way out of here and best chance of getting back home. Down side of that was 4 years of the second most stressful job in the AF so much that they pay you $500 more a month to cope with it. fun fun..but we accepted the challenge, anything to be out of here. After the extremely long process he finally got accepted. Good thing too because two weeks ago the base commander announced that people need to get comfy because there will be no PCSing because the military is broke. We were told the list of available offices would be in anywhere from feb 21-28. that was two weeks from when we were told. Two of the longest weeks ever. The 28th came and gone. Today we were told that it will be in by March 8th..Not only did that ruin my day because I am so impatient but every single one of my friends got orders to Germany TODAY. So much for no PCSing right???

 Of course Im jealous. Im jealous that we have tried so hard to get out of here. That we went to drastic measures and took this job for 4 years to leave and our friends did nothing... On top of that..they leave before us. This is so awesome!! So matt will leave for school probably after they are gone and I have no one... Everyone leaves me at the same time. Every friend I have here and my husband. Its 7 weeks so not long but 7 weeks seems like a life time when every friend you have leaves too.. This is seriously my worse night mare. I am stuck at this base all alone. Not only for that 7 weeks but the extra month or two we have to be here for him to out process. I hate this base. I hate today. Maybe tomorrow I will see the bright side of this. But today I just hate it all.I should have been prepared. This always happens to us. We wait and wait and wait. When there is a time frame for something we are there till the last possible date..and all of our friends leave first..Dont get me wrong I am so happy for my friends but I am jealous and I wont deny it. Im jealous and sad and already lonely. You know how it is when you get orders.. you spend the next 6 months planning and planning..no time for anyone here... so its like everyone is already gone. Ugh Im bitter today. Sorry

No comments:

Post a Comment