Thursday, January 13, 2011

Going the Distance

I watched the movie 'Going the Distance' last night. First let me start off by saying what a great movie! i thought it was going to be a sappy chick flick but it was pretty funny. Not what I expected. Anyways there was a part in the movie that the main couple breaks up because of distance,New york to Cali. It made me think about how often normal, and my normal I mean non military couples, do this they break up because they are a state away. Then I look at my lifestyle, the lifestyle of every neighbor around me, almost every friend i have. We go months sometimes years with out seeing our Husbands or boyfriends who are off in Iraq, or Afganistan, or Korea, or just at a different base then we are aloud to be at for the moment not by choice but because they have to. We dont look to breaking up or getting divorces because they have to head over seas or PCS to a different base by themselves. Honestly I rather do 6 months with Matt in New York then 6 months of him in Ira1. At least I can go visit him when I want to and I can call him when I feel like it. Im really dont want to be the one who says oh my husband is military I have it harder then everyone else because thats not true. There are plenty of people who arent married to the military who are going through harder stuff then I ever will, but sometimes and espeially right now when my husband is millions of miles away in a dangerous place that I just get sick of people breaking up because they dont think they can withstand a few months and a few states away, or who cry because they have to spend the week up at college away from their Boyfriend, or even whos husbands are on a week long business trip. Sheesh people you could have it worse!! Yes I get sad very often and maybe whine to my close friends and husband about how bad this sucks to have him away or go through a surgery without your husband by your side, but I will never go out in public and cry about it because the person you may be crying too may being going through something ten times worse!!

1 comment: