Friday, August 9, 2013

Just a few days left

Today is Friday before the movers come. We have just over 2 days until they arrive to pack and load up what is left of our stuff. I am sitting at the dining room table, because we gave our desk away, and its total chaos. My house and my life. lol JK but the house, I see boxes randomly placed on tables and floors. I have one empty room, a living room full of new furniture that is still wrapped in paper leaving it looking like a Ghost house, and just mess everywhere. Well everywhere except Mjs room that is. I have done pretty well leaving his alone and organized as I packed up his stuff we are taking. The rest of the house is a mess enough, and Im sure he has no idea what is going on. So I wanted to leave his room as normal as possible, for as long as possible. My pantry is empty besides one shelf of stuff we are taking into TLF on Monday. MONDAY can you believe it. How long have I been talking about getting out of this state?? Since I got here lol But this is it. We leave in one week. We have three nights left in our home, the one we brought our baby boy home from the hospital in!!! Tons of memories were made in this home, in our backyard, on this base.

We have been saying bye to friends for the past week. We had mine, and a friends, going away dinner with the Spouses Thursday night in Boise. It was amazing. Those ladies have been my rock for ever it feels like. Some I will miss, others I wont, and some Im so sad to leave.

We loaded up most of the Uhaul today besides a few things we need in the next few days. Every time I look out the window it is a reminder that we have to say goodbye to our closest friends next Friday. But it is also a reminder of all of Ms hard work and dedication to his job and his family in order to get us to where we want to be. It is exciting and nerve wracking all in one. I am stressed with the stuff that needs to be done this last week and we both are dreading the 32 hour drive with a toddler and three dogs. But I know when we pull up to our new home, the first home we have actually bought together, no matter how late it is,  we will have a wave of relief come over us. We will be home. To our new home. Where MJ will spend the next 4 years of his life and we will make more memories, more then we had in this home.

I am excited for that moment. That moment, will make all this worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment