Monday, May 2, 2011

Australia

Well I figured I would post about our trip since I have been home for a few days now! It was really amazing. Australia was absolutely beautiful. Even if it was cloudy it was still hot because of the humidity. We spent 5 nights in Port Douglas right across from the beach. We stayed in a hotel that was more like an apartment with a kitchen living room and everything. Our deck over looked the pool it was great. My favorite thing there was when we went on the 8 hour cruise to the Great Barrier reef. It took an hour on boat to get there then we hung out on this platform. We got to go snorkeling had a great lunch and even went on a helicopter ride over the reef! It was awesome to get to see it from above. Also while we were in port Douglas we went to a place called the habitat where we walked around with kangaroos, wallabies, and emus. It was so awesome to get to touch and feed them! I even got to hold a koala! They had some cool shops and we walked around and went to a flea market and went to the beach of course! After those 5 nights we flew to Brisbane where we stayed down town. It was a bit colder there. Down town was a typical city. We went to Steve Irwins zoo the first day which was by far the best zoo we have ever been too! It was huge. We got to feed elephants and more kangaroos! The last day we went to an island called Tangalooma. It was really beautiful there. We went sand tobogganing and feed wild dolphins in the ocean and went kayaking! It was a good way to end our trip. I had such an amazing time with my husband! Now its back to work for him for a week and a half after a much needed break. Then we are off to Colorado for a night or two then to Ohio for a week and a half! So excited! I really need these next week and a half to recoup.. jet lag is killing me and I have so much to do!

1 comment: